Planning, Research and Statistics
The Department has two Directors, Mr. D.M. Dauda and Mr. Philip Bankole saddled with the following responsibilities to created to enhance quality of policy formulation and implementation towards the attainment of the objectives of the Ministry in line with the Transformation Agenda. It is the coordinating organ of the Ministry for both domestic and international matters.
- Planning and Policy Analysis.
- National Environmental Action Plan.
- Environmental Education and Awareness.
- State of the Environment Report (SOER).
- E- Governance and Information Computer Technology (ICT).
- Remote Sensing and GIS.
- Library Services.
- Coordination of the National Strategy for the Development of Environment Statistics and the activities of the Ministerial Committee on Sectoral Statistics
- Coordination of Multilateral Environmental Programmes (World Bank, UNDP,UNIDO,GEF)
- Coordination of all International Environmental matters, including international Environmental Treaties, Conventions, and UN.
- Coordination of Health and Environment issue through the maintenance of relevant statistics.
- Coordination of the implementation of Green Economy for Sustainable Development in Nigeria.
- Coordination of all Multilateral and Bilateral Matters such as Conference on Sustainable Development (CSD), African Ministerial Conference on Environment (AMCEN), UNGA etc.
- National Council on Environment.
- World Environment Day Celebration.
- Project Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Production of Ministry's Mid Term/ Annual Reports.
- National State of the Environment Report.
- Providing leadership in the implementation of system of Environmental Economics Accounting.
ALHAJI AUWAL UMAR MAIDABINO
Born in Kano in May 1959. Attended Government Secondary School, Potiskum. High School in School of Continuing Education, Hooboking Institute of Technology, New Jersey, USA. Attended Ohio University with BBA (Major Finance and Marketing). Served in the Presidency and many other Ministries in my career as a Civil Servant.
Currently, Director, Planning, Research & Statistics in the Federal Ministry of Environment and Focal Officer, Global Environment Facility (GEF).